While some restaurants have succumbed to serving the latest or ongoing fad, others have shined by serving creative dishes that have definitely had that wow factor and have reminded us of the talent that resides in their kitchens.
Here are our Top 10 Restaurant Dishes 2015 presented in no particular order.
1. Pecorino Consomme at Pilu at Freshwater
Pecorino consomme, hand rolled fregola, broad beans and snow peas at Pilu at Freshwater.
2. Calamari Risotto at Marque Restaurant
Calamari Risotto of Yamba prawns, calamari and leek and cauliflower puree at Marque Restaurant in Surry Hills.
3. Mushroom Raviolo at Cross Eyed Dog
Raviolo of mushroom, spinach and Vegemite at The Cross Eyed Dog in Newtown.
4. Chicharron De Queso Y Chorizo at Los Vida, Sydney
Chicharron De Queso Y Chorizo chorizo, guacamole, fried cheese at Los Vida in Sydney.
5. Eggplant at Lotus The Galeries
Crispy Eggplant with Honey and Sesame at Lotus the Galeries in Sydney CBD
6. Jerusalem Artichoke Risotto at Chiswick at The Art Gallery
Jerusalem Artichoke, Risotto, Garden Sage at Chiswick at The Art Gallery in Sydney
7. Green Tea Miso Cod at One Tea, Sydney
Black cod, seared scallops, seaweed, celeriac at One Tea in Sydney
8. Lasagne al Pesto at Maybe Frank
Lasagne, pesto and bechamel sauce. Maybe Frank in Surry Hills.
9. Venison Carpaccio, Pepper, Chocolate, Pickled Enoki at Nel Restaurant
Venison Carpaccio, Pepper, Chocolate, Pickled Enoki at Nel Restaurant in Sydney
10. Muse Coconut at Muse Restaurant, Hunter Valley
Dark chocolate, coconut, coconut mousse, coconut water and vanilla bean at Muse Restaurant in the Hunter Valley.