Chargrill Charlie’s is implementing ‘Eat Contactless With Charlie’s’ and innovative new initiatives to ensure they can continue to serve their community and look after their employees during the Covid-19 outbreak.
Focused on maintaining high levels of service and safety, the eatery has introduced ‘Eat Contactless with Charlie’s’, a new addition to their app which reduces person-to-person contact by allowing customers to pre-order and pay for their takeaway meals, and introduced additional health and hygiene measures across all 14 of its stores in Sydney and Melbourne.
Ryan Sher, co-owner of Chargrill Charlie’s said, “Over the last 30 years, we’ve taken pride in ensuring the well-being of our staff, customers and communities. We are introducing extra measures to stay on top of COVID-19 in all of our stores, continuing to reassess our processes to ensure a safe environment for all.”
“We have also worked extremely hard over the last few days to develop our own contactless app service to ensure our customers continue to receive the very best service and the delicious food they know and love at Chargrill Charlie’s. We would like to thank our loyal customers and staff for their incredible support”.
Closely monitoring the situation and working closely with NSW and VIC Food Safety, they has made the following changes:
- Introduction of Contactless Pick-Up – ‘Eat Contactless with Charlie’s’. New to the Chargrill Charlie’s app is contactless pickup (available for free download via the App Store or Google Play). This will significantly reduce person-to-person contact and exposure for both Chargrill Charlie’s customers and staff by allowing customers to pre-order and pay for their meals before heading to a Chargrill Charlie’s store. They will be notified of a pick up time, with each store having a designated pick-up area.
- Takeaway only. In-store seating will remain available however there will be no dine-in service and all meals will be served in recyclable containers. Sealed cutlery is also available on request.
- Cashless payments only. Only credit card and app payments will be available.
- Temporary Closures For Sanitisation. All stores will be closed for 30 minutes after lunch at a time between 2.30pm – 4.00pm, to be sanitized and will reopen for night service. Customers are encouraged to check the Chargrill Charlie’s Instagram and Facebook page for exact timings of their local store.
- Handwash Stations. All stores are equipped with handwashing stations and sanitiser.
Chargrill Charlie’s operates 13 stores across Sydney (Rose Bay, Woollahra, Mosman, Lane Cove, Wahroonga, Willoughby, St Ives, Neutral Bay, Frenchs Forest, Drummoyne, Mona Vale, Dee Why and Annandale) and one store in Melbourne (Camberwell). Visit their website here.